Responsibilities of Practice & Patients
We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the practice team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other's needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be greeted courteously
- You have a right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of law (ask a member of staff for a “patient NHS records” leaflet for more details)
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent
- You will see the GP of choice whenever possible
- You will be kept informed if there is a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment
- You will be referred to a consultant when the GP thinks it necessary
- You will be given results of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly
Your responsibility to us:
- Please treat all staff with respect
- Tell us of any change of name or address so that our records are accurate
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself
- Only request urgent appointments if appropriate.
- Requests made for Home Visits should only be made if you are Housebound or too ill to attend surgery
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your GP is delayed due to an emergency
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend
- Please allow sufficient time for letters or test results to reach us
- We would be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due